Clean out the closets, comb through the dust bunnies, and get creative with what you've got. Here are some nifty, thrifty gift ideas to get you in the right mindset:
1. Bedazzle a pair of your wife's/daughter's jeans; giftwrap and hide under tree.
2. Grow your own Giggle smoke.
3. Make your own snowglobe with your own dandruff sprinkled inside a recycled lightbulb.
4. Make your own bathtub gin.
5. Make turkey jerkey: Dry out leftover Thanksgiving turkey in your garage for 25 days.
6. Grow your own hydroponic Zombie weed.
7. Shoot squirrels in back yard; use fur to make fake Ugg boots.
8. Steal neighbor's lawn ornaments. Decorate and re-gift.
9. Mix several different kinds of shampoo together in a recycled bottle. Create an alluring name on a hand-written label.
10. Rather than the traditional orange-stuck-with-cloves, cut down your carbon footprint and find local fruit (like an aged crabapple) and decorate with fragrant alternative (Pakalolo stems, old TicTacs...) -- and/or bedazzle for the perfect hostess gift.