For new telecommuters and rookie home office workers, here are a few helpful tips:
1. Yes, changing out of your pajamas or taking a shower is work-time that you will never get back – but, you may occasionally run into UPS drivers or water department professionals, stopping by to read the meter. You don’t want them to start filing false Sasquatch reports. Rumors like these are often difficult to squelch.
2. After every 4 or 5 hours, get up and stretch – walk around your work pod/bunker, if necessary. Prolonged sitting may cause your body to actually merge with your desk chair, limiting future wardrobe options.
3. For companionship, consider acquiring a pet. For selection purposes consider a Chia Pet at one end of the spectrum and a Wild Boar at the other. Aim for the middle, possibly erring more to the left.
4. Beer is NOT a breakfast beverage.
5. Whatever you do – remember socks and flip-flops (combined) are NOT friends!